The Moors and Christian festival is one of the most authentic ceremonies along the gorgeous Mediterranean coast of Spain.
7 facts about the festival:
- Its origin dates back to 1474, when the Virgen de las Virtudes, who freed the city from the evils of the plague, was proclaimed patron saint of Villena.
- Every year, thousands of tourists assist to this celebration.
- 14 troupes participate in the festivities, half belonging to the Moorish side and the rest to the Christian side, who perform a pilgrimage in honor of the Virgin of “La Morenica”, as she is known in Villena.
- One of the most huge and popular Moors and Christian festivals takes a place in Villena on September.
- That’s why we organizing a half-day bus trip to Villena on the 9th of September.
- We will be traveling as a group by Bus from Alicante. Check Itinerary and book your slot. It’s limited!
14.40 Boarding starts
15:00 Bus leaves Alicante
16:00 Reach Villena
– Visit Castillo de la Atalaya – OPTIONAL
17:00 Parade of New Captains, Alfereces and godmothers
– walk around the city to see Iglesia de Santa María, Iglesia de Santiago, Plaza de toros
19:00 Dinner and Drinks
21:00 Bus leaves Villena
We will meet inside Ibericos Luceros at 14.40 and catch the bus outside this restaurant at 15.00. You can contact Shawn +34635999050/ Alua +34 663 53 93 96